Download this suggested gear list here (PDF, 307.10 kB) (this document can be printed which includes tick boxes to help check off each item).
- Sleeping bag – warm (and a blanket if you feel the cold), please note pillows/pillow cases are supplied. You may bring fitted single sheets if you prefer.
- Waterproof jacket – warm for skiing
- Waterproof overtrousers – warm for skiing
- Waterproof Ski gloves
- Warm hat
- Indoor footwear (eg slippers)
- Outdoor footwear (eg gumboots)
- 2 woollen (fleece) jerseys
- Thermal/Merino leggings (long-johns or woollen tights)
- 2 Thermal/Merino tops
- Plenty of woollen socks (at least 5 pr)
- 2 long-sleeved shirts, skivvys or T shirts
- 2 trackpants or jeans for indoors wear
- Warm pyjamas or sleepwear
- Towel, facecloth & toilet gear (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc)
- Lip balm & sunscreen (essential)
- Goggles and/or sunglasses (essential)
- Plasters if prone to blisters (good idea to trim toe nails)
- Mobile phone (optional)
- Small day pack (if making your own lunch)
- Baking (to share at snack times and supper)
- Lunch money (Monday - Friday envelopes or eftpos card)
- Snack food for lunches (named, stored in the food storage area, NOT bunkrooms)
- Drink bottle (optional)
- Thermal cup (optional)
- Plastic bag for laundry
- Swimming togs (In the event of bad weather/mountain closure they maybe required)
All clothing and equipment must be clearly named (even with marker pen)
The following can be hired from NZSki or sports hire shops in Queenstown if you do not have your own.
- Skis, boots & poles
- Snowboard & boots
- Wrist guards (compulsory if snowboarding)
- Helmet (recommended)
If you are hiring equipment from nzski.com, please be aware that the hire department closes at 4pm on Sunday. View their website here.
Please bring sufficient clothing for the week, as the washing machine is only available for emergencies. A good drying room is available.
Locker space is limited (500mm x 400mm x 400mm). Please don’t bring large suitcases that won’t fit in the lockers. It is better to bring 2 smaller soft shell bags.